LCL stands for Less than Container Load in freight terminology and is specifically used for ocean freight and shipping container cargo. As the name suggests, LCL shipping is when your shipment is lighter or smaller and does not take up the entire space of the air cargo. This also means that your shipment will be sharing space with other LCL shipments. You have to consider what is best for your business and to choose a professional transport company in Dubai in terms of shipping safety and guarantee. The reasons why LCL makes more sense are listed below:
- You have to assess your company’s shipment timetable and the type of packages that you want to import or export. Do you own a small or medium sized company? What are the type of packages that you are expected to send or receive? The most important element to consider for LCL shipping is the weight and size of the goods you want to export or import. LCL makes sense when you are shipping small packages that do not require exclusive or FCL (Full Container Load) shipping.
- It is the cheapest option for consignments that are small and not suitable for larger shipping containers. It would cost one a lot of money if FCL was used for small packages as it does not matter for a full container if you have a tiny package or a huge one, you have to pay for the entire container. Thus, LCL is one of the most cost effective methods as you only have to pay for space that the package is taking, often according to the weight of the package.
- Like the popular saying goes ‘Time is Money’, managing time and on time deliveries is very important for customers. Therefore, LCL is the best and fastest method for small volume shipping as LCL will save you time. While some companies wait for their shipment to be large enough to send via FCL, it may not be the smartest thing to do. It is quicker and more efficient to send or receive smaller packages as they come instead of waiting because it will waste your company and client’s time.
- LCL is much more flexible and easier to optimize. Full shipping containers have fixed timings and dates, and they also wait for the entire container to fill up before sending it out. However, LCL shipments are more frequent and flexible, so it is better to manage for small packages especially for small to medium companies that need shipments done more frequently and on certain days.
- How many hours do your staff members have to be distracted for because they are managing the shipping, tracking it’s status and ensuring it reaches on time? It is much more difficult for a growing company to manage so many shipments on their own along with their own work. It is much better to hire a third-party agency that can manage your less-than container loads as they are dedicated to this cause. They will ensure that everything from pick-up to drop-off is done smoothly and punctually.
Basically, LCL makes sense when you have smaller shipments as it will save your time, money and also make your company more efficient in their work. It is recommended that you opt for a committed and renowned transport company in Dubai, a 3PL company that can manage LPL shipping for you so that your business grows. The most important thing to do is to have a well-designed management plan in which tasks are delegated to your own staff and to other consultants